Monday, September 15, 2008

Poetry and some other stuff

Today in Government we reviewed for our test which is tomorrow. I am ready, at least that is what I am hoping after this sleepy fog clears tomorrow morning. I have just finished typing out the review sheet he gave us. This test seems to just be a big vocabulary test.

English today was interesting. We read poems and wrote our own Acrostic poem. I will share with you three of my favorite poems we read.

Hold my hand
by Mari Evans

Here
hold my hand
let me touch you
there is
nothing
we can
say...your
soul
eludes me
when I reach
out
your eyes
resent
my need to know
you
here
hold my hand
since there is
nothing we can say

Where Have You Gone
by Mari Evans

Where have you gone


with your confident
walk with
your crooked smile


why did you leave
me
when you took your
laughter
and departed
are you aware that
with you
went the sun
all light
and what few stars
there were?


where have you gone
with your confident
walk your
crooked smile the
rent money
in one pocket and
my heart
in another . . .

(this last one is not normally one I would enjoy, but the end I just found SO funny!)

Incident in a Rose Garden: Donald Justice


Gardener
Sir, I encountered Death
Just now among our roses
Thin as a scythe he stood there.

I knew him by his pictures
He had on his black coat
Black gloves, and broad black hat.

I think he would have spoken,
Seeing his mouth stood open.
Big it was, with white teeth.

As soon as he beckoned, I ran.
I ran untill I found you.
Sir, I'm quitting my job.

I want to see my sons
Once more before I die.
I want to see California.

Master
Sir, you must be that stranger
Who threatened my gardener.
This is my property, sir.

I welcome only friends here.

Death
Sir, I knew your father.
And we were friends at the end.

As for your gardener,
I did not threaten him.
Old men mistake my gestures.

I only ment to ask him
To show me to his master.
I take it you are he?

In Geometry today I was told that the test I took last week was only half the test. That means I have to take the rest of it tomorrow. This shall be interesting. I sure hope I do okay!

No comments: