Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 1

Hi guys! I just survived my first day of school!

My class load some would consider light. Three classes which consist of American Government, English, and by the end of the week, Geometry. What you have to remember is that these classes are two hours long. (We do get a ten minute break an hour into the class.) So it is slightly more than it sounds.

Government is my first class. My teacher sounds like he is going to be fun. He appears to be laid back. That can be nice but that can also cause problems. Nice because I find it is easier to learn from someone who is laid back. The problem may come in with discipline. There seems to be some rebellious or spirited students. I am not really surprised just waiting patiently to see where it goes.

Lunch is next. Thirty five minutes of freedom you could say. I am able to eat with a friend of mine, for which I am thankful. Always nice to see a friendly face in a new place.

English is one subject I have never been good at. I am really looking forward to this class though. The teacher is so down to earth. She also doesn't want us to be fact spewing machines. She wants us to be able to apply our knowledge to other areas. I learned that she is also a Democrat. (She is going to the Democrat National Convention next week.) She is not one to push you to vote for one person or the other. She just wants you to vote. To be part of the government system that runs our country. I like this class too because there is only about 10 students.

Geometry, well that will be my last class. I have to register for that class tomorrow. It is a computer class so I will be working at my own pace. Here's hoping that the computer program likes me.

What I learned:
  • It takes less than five minutes to speed walk from lunch to English
  • My class schedule for the next 8 weeks.
  • Be on time or it will really hurt you down the road
  • Schools have a lot of paperwork and protocols.

No comments: